Principal of Improving Projects! and Vice President of Programs for MDG (Medical Development Group), Edward Dolan is a discerning, resourceful organizational learning and development consultant with expertise in improving project management for medical device, biotech and medical IT organizations:
• Helping people recognize the real, underlying problems that stymie further progress.
• Coaching executives and employees to change what is undermining their success.
• Putting into place systems that will reinforce, sustain and build upon their achievements.
When morale is low and existing resources are few and at a premium, I help organizations maximize the assets already at their disposal, while providing the necessary tools for individuals and teams to learn the thrill and adventure of discovering and leveraging their own talents.
Over 25 years of experience and expertise:
- Consulted internally and externally for a broad range of companies on change management issues.
- Trained directors of biotech research institute on requirements of effective project management.
- Managed and led health care, community development and anti-poverty organizations.
- Guided higher education, IT and health care organizations through strategic planning.
- Directed a Massachusetts legislative Special Commission on elderly health care.
- Designed and facilitated highly interactive learning environments on topics in change management, strategic and operational planning; always rooted in the actual experiences of the participants.
- Hosted Medical Development Insights on the URBN Business Network.
- Coached IT engineers in improving their interpersonal effectiveness.
- Facilitated focus groups on a variety of topics (e.g., project management, performance appraisal, interview preparation).